27 February, 2011

Jesus said, "Your Father (God) knows how many hairs there are on your head!" (Matthew 10:30)


Psalm 139

(This is) for the music leader.
(It is) a psalm of David.

v1 *LORD, when you look at me you know all about me.

v2 You know when I sit down.
And you know when I get up.
You understand what I am thinking about
(even when you are) far away.

v3 You see when I go (somewhere).
And you see when I stay (at home).
You remember everything that I do!

v4 For example, before I say a word,
*LORD, you know all about it.

v5 You are all round me, in front (of me) and behind (me).
You have put your *hand upon me.

v6 What you know (about me) is *wonderful.
I cannot understand it.
It is so high that I cannot climb up to it.

v7 Where can I go from your *Spirit?
How can I run away from you?

v8 If I went up to *heaven, you would be there.
If I went down to *Sheol, you would be there also.

v9 If I went:
· to where the sun rises (in the east)
· to the other side of the sea (in the west)

v10 your hand would be there.
It would be my guide.
Your right hand would give me help.

v11 If I say:
· I am sure that *darkness will hide me
· or, the light round me will change into night,

v12 *darkness and light are the same to you!
*Darkness is not dark to you.
The night shines as bright as the day (to you).

v13 But you, you made every part of me.
You made me grow in my mother’s *womb.

v14 I *praise you for the *mysterious and *wonderful way that you made me.
I know very well that everything that you made is *wonderful.

v15 (Nothing) hid my body from you when I was growing in a secret place.
This happened deep in the earth.

v16 Your eyes saw my body growing.
Before I had lived one day,
you wrote in your book how long I should live for!

v17 You have so many ideas, God.
They are so difficult for me to understand.

v18 If I could count them all,
there would be more than the *grains of sand (by the side of the sea).
I would have to live (as long) as you to count them all!


v23 Look at me, God. And know (what is in) my *heart.
Look into my mind and know my thoughts.

v24 See if I am doing anything bad that might hurt me.
And lead me in Your ways.

No comments: